JA quotes and intro

"I should infinitely prefer a book." -- Chapter 39, Pride and Prejudice
"...I wish my collection were larger for your benefit and my own credit..." -- Chapter 8, Pride and Prejudice
"I shall be glad to have the library to myself as soon as may be." -- Chapter 20, Pride and Prejudice

Thanks for dropping by! Titles are below and to the right, under the following headings:
The Trouble of Practising | Longer fiction
The Result of Previous Study | Challenge entries and stories based on others' prompts (or simply others' prompting)
Impulse of the Moment | Short stories written on a whim
Drabbles | Snapshots, usually 100 words but occasionally more, and usually based on a prompt
The Alcove | Writings other than Jane Austen fanfictionNewest Post: All Six Senses (and All F
Some stories include direct quotes from Austen's works, and there is the occasional nod to one or other of the adaptations.

Most Recent Updates:
Dancing Lessons (July 2023), Miss Bingley's Megrim (November/December 2023)

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lady Susan Drabbles

That Was No Lady (A Novel in 100 Words)

It is nice just to sit here and be as stupid as possible. *sits stupidly* Is your husband in this story, dear sister?

He is here somewhere, but you would hardly know it.

Where is Frederica?

There, looking at you with calf’s eyes.

Excellent. It is so restful with Susan gone.

Are you quite over her?

Quite. She cannot have your poor departed brother-in-law, Manwaring, Sir James and me—that would be too great a reward for her cunning.

You came close to succumbing.

Too close. *shudders*

Yes. Well… excuse me. I have a letter to write.

Don’t we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment